Archive for October, 2011
October 18, 2011 Leave a comment
Top 11 reasons NOT to support non-profit orgs:
- I’d much rather spend time complaining about how awful things are in the world instead of helping others fix it.
- I never need/take/want help from anyone, so therefore no one deserves mine either.
- Helping people only makes them more needy and I don’t want to be any part of enabling bad behavior.
- I can find a job, put food on the table, give my kids the things they need. Those slackers should get off their lazy butts.
- There’s not enough time or money to make a difference anyway, so I’d rather not give any of what I have.
- I can’t volunteer around dirty, smelly degenerates.
- I can’t volunteer. What if my neighbors think I do it to be a show-off or am needy too?
- Non-profits should be able to help others without always bugging me for my money and things and time.
- I don’t mind closing my eyes to people who are abused, go hungry, shiver in the cold, or suffer injustice as long as my family is taken care of.
- I don’t have skills or anything anyone needs. Why would I think I’m important enough to volunteer or promote a cause?
- Someone else will do it.
Angry with me yet? Good. Because I didn’t make this up. These are things people think and say all the time.
Simply Put- Are these points valid? If yes, why? If no, why not? What information can you share to prove or overcome these opinions?